New Sealed Deck! Saturday 7pm UK time!

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Holy
TBR Founder

New Sealed Deck! Saturday 7pm UK time!

Postby Holy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Finally, we'll be hosting the Sealed Deck we've been talking about in the alliance. Thanks to Xei Win Toh for helping me organising this :). It is quite likely we'll make this weekly ;).

The time is 7pm UK and the day is Saturday. The meetup will take place in the TBR hall.

So what is sealed deck?
Sealed deck, at the heart of things, is basically turning Guild Wars skills into "cards". You then have a generator that pulls skills from a database that make up "hands" which, when put together, constitute a "deck". From this one deck, your team puts skills together to try and make a gvg build. The idea is that both teams use the same deck, so it really comes down to how well a team 1) uses a deck's resources, and 2) plays.
The basic rules of the event:
Players from the TBR alliance guilds and outside friends are welcome. The only requirement is a minimum of PvP experience.

Teams
Teams will be made up of players from different guilds and be created by rolling, possibly with some balancing factors.
Teams will preferably be 8vs8 or 7vs7 but this is adjustable.

Decks
Roll on-site, specific parameters decided there.

Rules
-) Both teams will choose from the same set of skills
-) Res Signets are always allowed
-) Desperate Strike and Fox Fangs may be taken to complete an attack chain if any other Dagger Mastery skills are on the bar
-) Charm Animal and Comfort Animal may be taken if any Beast Mastery skills are on the bar
-) Each copy of a skill may only be used once, that is if there is one [[healing signet] in the deck only one person may use that skill. If there are two copies a maximum of two people can use it etc.
-) One non-elite skill which is not in the deck from the primary profession of choice may be used.

Build creation
There will be a timelimit of 40 minutes for creating builds, this is just to make sure people don't spend all night making a build and so that we actually get to play ^^.

Here is the link to the skill generator.
http://sealeddeck.teamlove.us/index.php
If you need any other information, just ask.

So feel free to use this thread for discussing or if you want to tell that you're going to show up, this is not obligatory though and we'll make calls in alliance chat ahead of the event and those who will play are those who show up at the time :).

Hinka
BAAA

Re: New Sealed Deck! Saturday 7pm UK time!

Postby Hinka » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 am

It was good fun last time. I will defently try to show up for this one too... I might need to pack my stuff for ski hollyday, leaving monday, but i hope i am done bu this time :)
It would be awsome if u could get 16 people this time :D

The only thing that is a bit anoying is w8 for people to come, but that is just like normal GvG... :? It also takes a lot of time to make a build, and then we play agasint each other and one team gets whiped after 2 min... Stupid haha... well i dont know if we can do anything to prevent this? Like saying flag isnt allowed or something? But this will also make it too much of HA like at some point :lol:

I dont know... It do work fine the way it is. It could be funny to do guild battles like this tbh. Like sayng 2 guilds from the ally agasint each other, that would be pretty funny i think. Then it isnt so "random" like.
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸__
NO__¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨!GOATS!``°º¤ø„¸
ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸__NO__¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨!GLORY!``°º¤ø„¸
ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 am

I'll try to spam AC more this week than last so more people will know about it, also I think you generally play a couple of games per deck, the problem last time was that the first deck didn't allow for any survival really (6 or 7 crappy monk skills :P) so we swapped it. Another hall than frozen might be to prefer as well.

Xei Win Toh

Postby Xei Win Toh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Oh baby

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Just as a reminder, this thing is tonight :).

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Postby Mess Up » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:11 am

My internet was down for over 24 hours which was why I couldn't make it. Stoopid BT. =(

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:19 pm

My internet was down for over 24 hours which was why I couldn't make it. Stoopid BT. =(
Aww that's a shame :(. It's annoying when ISPs have problems on their end.

Return to “Guild Wars - General”