Sealed Deck Sunday 29/3 6:30pm UK-time

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Holy
TBR Founder

Sealed Deck Sunday 29/3 6:30pm UK-time

Postby Holy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Finally, we'll be hosting the the weekly Sealed Deck we've been talking about in the alliance. Thanks to Xei Win Toh for helping me organising this :).

The time is 6:30pm UK and the day is Sunday. The meetup will take place in the TBR hall.

So what is sealed deck?
Sealed deck, at the heart of things, is basically turning Guild Wars skills into "cards". You then have a generator that pulls skills from a database that make up "hands" which, when put together, constitute a "deck". From this one deck, your team puts skills together to try and make a gvg build. The idea is that both teams use the same deck, so it really comes down to how well a team 1) uses a deck's resources, and 2) plays.
The basic rules of the event:
Players from the TBR alliance guilds and outside friends are welcome. The only requirement is a minimum of PvP experience.

Teams
Teams will be made up of players from different guilds and be created by rolling, possibly with some balancing factors.
Teams will preferably be 8vs8 or 7vs7 but this is adjustable.

Decks
Roll on-site, specific parameters decided there.

Rules
-) Both teams will choose from the same set of skills
-) Res Signets are always allowed
-) Desperate Strike and Fox Fangs may be taken to complete an attack chain if any other Dagger Mastery skills are on the bar
-) Charm Animal and Comfort Animal may be taken if any Beast Mastery skills are on the bar
-) Each copy of a skill may only be used once, that is if there is one [[healing signet] in the deck only one person may use that skill. If there are two copies a maximum of two people can use it etc.
-) One non-elite skill which is not in the deck from the primary profession of choice may be used.

Build creation
There will be a timelimit of 40 minutes for creating builds, this is just to make sure people don't spend all night making a build and so that we actually get to play ^^.

Here is the link to the skill generator.
http://sealeddeck.teamlove.us/index.php
If you need any other information, just ask.

So feel free to use this thread for discussing or if you want to tell that you're going to show up, this is not obligatory though and we'll make calls in alliance chat ahead of the event and those who will play are those who show up at the time :).

Xei Win Toh

Re: Sealed Deck Sunday 29/3 6:30pm UK-time

Postby Xei Win Toh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Postby Mess Up » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 pm

I'll miss this unfortunately, going to Nottingham for a medical conference =(

BlueTango
TBR Member

Postby BlueTango » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 pm

sounds like fun :D
ImageImage

JC_
TBR Member

Postby JC_ » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Sign me up ! :)

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 pm

I don't like this one:
-) One non-elite skill which is not in the deck from the primary profession of choice may be used.

Without it it would create ridiculous combinations of pressure [condition pressure without condition removal would be fun for example] and countersplitting because of the massacre on both sides it would create.

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 pm

I don't like this one:

Without it it would create ridiculous combinations of pressure [condition pressure without condition removal would be fun for example] and countersplitting because of the massacre on both sides it would create.
Didn't use that rule when I ran this in the past but Xei is the sealed deck pro so I'll let him respond to that :P.

Michael Zanetti
Web admin

Postby Michael Zanetti » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 am

I won't be there :D my buddy isn't able to play
I'll miss this unfortunately, going to Nottingham for a medical conference =(
--------------^

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

lol Dark.

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:55 pm

AS I said, it would create ridiculous combinations and that's what the sealed deck event is about imo. Combination of loads of hexes and no hex removals is fatal in the build making, where you can choose to either outpressure the enemy with well made build or outsplit them with some running skills [there is always at least two, I noticed]

Return to “Guild Wars - General”