Originally Posted by Ashiris View Post
get rid off them asap and you won't get noticed (best would be to exchange them for tormented weapon quickly)...
Oh, you'll get noticed all right. We keep very, very detailed records. If you pass a weapon to your Hero, we know it. If you move a slab of granite from Slot No. 14 to Slot No. 15, we see it. If your miniature burps, we hear it. If you head into the Shiverpeaks, we feel the cold.
We can pull records until the cows come home, and we can continue to develop a list of those who hold or held or exchanged even a single duped item. It's easy to see those who held many, or who used them to purchase other things.
Bottom line: You can run, but you cannot hide.
But beyond that, we don't want to punish those who may have made a purchase without being aware of the source of the item. We have no intention of rooting through the inventories of hundreds of thousands of accounts to find every duped item. We have blocked those who were at the center of the problem, and we've banned those to whom they passed off ridiculous amounts of items or wealth. We will continue to research, but:
* We will not do a rollback.
* We will make a decision on future bans related to this matter on a case-by-case basis, and will in most cases not take action, if it can be assumed that the player was not aware of the duped nature of the item.
And when someone asks why he or she was banned, the answer is:
* If you duped, you were wrong.
* If you knowingly accepted dupes, you were wrong.
* If you accepted enormous numbers of items and didn't ask questions, you were wrong.
* If you sold items for ridiculous amounts of items -- armbraces, ectos, whatevers -- you were wrong.
And in many cases, your account will feel the impact of that poor judgment. Not because it pleases us to ban people, but because we need to do so for the greater good of the game.