Are you buying GW2?

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Mess Up
TBR Leader

Are you buying GW2?

Postby Mess Up » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm

So who is actually getting the game and plans to join TBR?

I ask this because it seems to me as if GW2 will favour quantity over quality in terms of players - if we only have a few members then we'll be excluded from some WvW stuff (holding outposts for example) and we won't earn much influence (influence lets us build improvements for the guild, such as shared storage).

If we only have a (very) small number of people we might need to consider ways to increase our membership, if we want access to these features.

So, please post here to say if you're actually getting the game. It would also be useful to know if you have any friends who you would like to join TBR.

Guild Wars 2 Guild Members
Mess Up (3 day headstart) + 1 friends
Dark (1 day headstart)
Medi (3 day headstart)
Avalanche (3 day headstart)
Nerrad (3 day headstart) + people from Tera? Not sure
Cell (3 days headstart)
Crydo (1 day headstart)

"Maybes"
Loat
Bubo (eventually)

loat
TBR Member

Re: Are you buying GW2?

Postby loat » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 am

I think best thing to do is have a TBR guild with not many people in it, and everyone simultaneously join a larger guild to reap the best of both worlds?

Not sure if I'll be playing, I'm looking for jobs and have no idea how much time I'll have around release.

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Postby Mess Up » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:21 pm

For now it looks like TBR will stay a smallish guild, maybe recruiting a few cool people here and there if we happen to find any. Simultaneously joining a larger guild might be a good idea and something to consider if TBR isn't working as well as we'd like as a small guild.

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Loat's idea seems like a good one.

We can all join TBR from the start and join different guilds as well. Once someone has found a guild of substantial size which seems nice and not too demanding (I hate stress..) we can all join that one while keeping TBR if we want to.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

Cell
TBR Member

Postby Cell » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 am

I'll be playing, not sure if I'll get the head start or not though, depends on how intense my first weeks of "tech" is.
*Cell is going to be a Swedish/tech-teacher! yay!* :grin:

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Count me in.

I don't know when I'll start actually playing it though, my PC can't run GW 2 and I'll therefore need a new one.

Cell
TBR Member

Postby Cell » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Just got my student money so I, ofc, bought the game and will have a 3 day headstart, cya on Aurora glade! :D

Return to “Guild Wars 2 - General”