[GW2] What do you think?

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Medi
TBR Officer

[GW2] What do you think?

Postby Medi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey guys,

With the Press-BWE last weekend some videos (http://www.guildmag.com/press-closed-be ... ation-page) were put online. Now, as I am a busy man (true story) I didn't see all of it but only a couple of videos.

I'm wondering what you guys think about GW2. Didn't you even bother to look at some videos? Have you rewatched all of them twice to see if perhaps some of the spoken text mentions a release-date if played backwards? Will or won't you be testing/playing GW2?

I know for sure I will be participating in any beta I can get into to try and see if the game is good, and hope it is good enough to get me hooked. On the other hand, the videos have not convinced me that this game is going to be as good as GW was at its peak.

And then there is the time issue of course... Back in high school (I'm getting old :P) I didn't believe I had enough free time. Now I know better than that :(.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Re: [GW2] What do you think?

Postby Mess Up » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm not confident I'll enjoy it as much as the first, but I imagine I'll be pre-ordering it anyways unless I'm really disappointed by the beta - assuming I get access.

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

I keep looking at it and wanting to play it. Unless something drastic happens I'll be buying it, though the PvP seems to be geared towards everything I was bad at in GW :P

Probably won't end up playing much what with having a full time job from September this year, but supposing it reaches a critical mass of players I can't see myself having a bad time. ITS SO PRETTY.

Hoping to get into beta, but I'm not even sure my laptop will run it..

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Probably won't end up playing much what with having a full time job from September this year, but supposing it reaches a critical mass of players I can't see myself having a bad time. ITS SO PRETTY.
WTF? You done studying already? Then again...it's been like two years since we last played GvG I guess? (As there is a Christmas reform topic of 2009).

For people who live under rocks:
https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Probably still a couple of hours to sign up for beta.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 am

WTF? You done studying already? Then again...it's been like two years since we last played GvG I guess? (As there is a Christmas reform topic of 2009).

For people who live under rocks:
https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Probably still a couple of hours to sign up for beta.
As of June this year I'll be done with university, a terrifying prospect. But I'll still have studying while I'm working so I can qualify as an actuary. Now that I think about it, that studying time might be ideal for GW2...

Signed up for beta with a couple of e-mail addresses yesterday, but I don't rate my chances. My laptop can only run GW on low settings, and gets about 5 fps in GvG so I'll probably be told to get lost :D Alex, if you get into beta I'm going to request that you play it in a communal area at uni so I can observe and call spikes.

I hope I can make longer guild names in the sequel as well, I've been wanting to make The Prophecies Guild Hall Appreciation Society for over 4 years now!

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Loat, check your inbox.

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Postby Mess Up » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Pre-order available 10th April.

According to XU forums, collector's edition will be $150/£129 (eh?) and the game will be 25GB, though this isn't exactly a reliable source. (EDIT: it says $149.99 MSRP on the website, I missed that earlier). EDIT2: Now it says £129.99.

Digital deluxe looks pretty dumb, I think it's going to be ~20 USD more than the standard version and you get a mini, an extra skill and some one-use stuff.

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Depends on when they release it, I have close to zero time for playing vidya this semester between school, work and girlfriend [holy shit I never imagined someone could eat up so much time, god damn, I want to play some video games].
If it's out during summer, hell yeah, I might have some time. Autumn? No idea, most likely 5-10 hours a week tops.

I've been watching GW during winter, don't have so much time now that they actually released videos with gameplay. Looks pretty fantastic, though the only thing that lacks in my eyes is water combat. Especially if there'll be as much water content as they promise.

Not like I'm getting into beta anyways.

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Since nobody said anything (gave a fuck) about the first beta event, I have only two words for you guys, FUUUU THE GAME IS AWESOME. No, but really; the game looks very promising except the fact that Anet's servers suck as much as Blizzard's do. :in_love: :in_love: :in_love:

Return to “Guild Wars 2 - General”