Guild Wars 2 (INGAME FOOTAGE)

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Medi
TBR Officer

Re: Guild Wars 2 (INGAME FOOTAGE)

Postby Medi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Getting 8 players online at once was what killed qP as well, I would have loved to only need 5 players
At a later stage in the game's lifetime I suppose that could be true yes. But still, lowering the number to 7 or 6 would already have made it a lot easier while keeping a respectable teamsize.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. They managed to make GW1 awesome, and even though the team has changed somewhat I'm sure they'll manage to get me hooked :p.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Alex and my opinion:
YET ANOTHER MMO
I don't agree.
I've watched live footage and demo from Gametrailers and there are several things that stood out to me in just the VISIBLE part of the game they showed.

1/Movement, mobility in fights.
I will miss bodyblocking, but I've got to say... that I'm unsure how melee will work when you have no autoattacking [notice he's got autoattack on skill slot 1 on warrior, ele got none on his staff].
Playing melee heroes will probably become easier through the skills they've shown so far because most of them either blink you next to your opponent [eviscerate] or have huge radius [whirling axe].
I'm curious about how this develops.
2/Healing/protting tactics in PvP fights.
All of shown classes had some sort of AoE healing abilities. All of them were healing over time in a static area. Most of the shown damage was target focus damage though so I'm curious as to what single prot spells Templar will bring into the fray.
3/Huge open world, events.
During the demo, the presentator had to ask around the room what events were going on where so that he may choose the best one to show [they also implied repetitivness]. So you never know what's out there when you step out of the city [which is just huge, good thing it has waypoints inside].
I'm curious as to how the events will work when the first "wave" of newcomers flows away to higher levels. They had huge numbers in the bandit-grain-fighting event and had issues with dying and being outnumbered and such. Seems like the events aren't soloable or are done slowly in small numbers -> slower levelling up.
4/Near death.
Good thing in both PvE and PvP. It kinda gives you a chance when you screw up, but when you screw up enough you die anyway, just like in GW 1. In PvP, we'll see. It prevents spiking a person down quite well.
You need some spike-saving mechanism in PvP when you have no FAST AND BIG dedicated heals like Infuse Health. Even though the warrior mid level he was critting in thousands and had 8.7k HP. So I presume that 5 people cannot spike down a person easily thanks to large enough health pools and Last Stand.
5/Lowering party numbers.
Comes hand in hand with no healer. You simply cannot have 8 people bashing on your head when you have no healer behind your ass. Spike builds would become prevalent and the game would get boring.
They probably made [will make] the numbers exactly small enough so that you simply cannot spike down a person from full HP [unless you crit a lot].
Ergo party of 5 people.

I'll make a Sylvari Templar as my main, probably will make a ranger after that because I hope there will be interrupting skills [and elementalist spells have LONGASS casting times]. If there are no interrupts, I'll see.
Getting the preorder as a Christmas gift together with novel.
BECAUSE I CAN.

Michael Zanetti
Web admin

Postby Michael Zanetti » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 am

lolguildwars

Bubo
TBR Member

Postby Bubo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 pm

lolguildwars
Nice counterarguments, I like where this is going.

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Getting the preorder as a Christmas gift
BECAUSE I CAN.
+1

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Well, I just viewed this video made during PAX East: http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/media/v ... ief-combat.

The first 4.40 minutes aren't that special (not much new there and no super impressive footage). But damn, I love those KD's by the Oakhearts at the end. Hopefully the whole game will be that impressive :-D
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Albert Einstein

Medi

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:49 pm

WTF guys, no post here in over a month.

Well, last profession has been announced today + closed beta starting this friday...

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/p ... ns/mesmer/

However:
Diversion—Destroys your illusions and stuns nearby foes.
:(
Galileo Galilei

Albert Einstein

Medi

Mess Up
TBR Leader

Postby Mess Up » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Mesmer was too complicated in GW1 anyway, I just want more ways to blow shit up lolololol -.-

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 am

We need to dwell on the positives, GW2 HAS PORTALS!

Return to “Guild Wars 2 - General”