Guild Wars 2 (INGAME FOOTAGE)

Discussions involving the main game of the guild.
Michael Zanetti
Web admin

Guild Wars 2 (INGAME FOOTAGE)

Postby Michael Zanetti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

Avalanche
TBR Member

Re: Guild Wars 2 (INGAME FOOTAGE)

Postby Avalanche » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

I watched the live stream this morning. Those people were throwing away free t-shirts of GW2 :in_love: , but they were all speaking only German :(. About the game... WTF ARE THOSE MOVES, THE HERO IS SLIDING AWAY TO AVOID THE INCOMING DAMAGE? :slow: :slow: :slow:

BlueTango
TBR Member

Postby BlueTango » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:19 am

watched near death vid, not very impressed tbh kinda disapointed
ImageImage

Michael Zanetti
Web admin

Postby Michael Zanetti » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Alex and my opinion:
YET ANOTHER MMO

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 am

Well, I think you can't really judge a game by a demo played by someone else. It's like watching a person play CoD or BFBC, they're "yet another FPS" when all you can see is a movie of someone else playing. Even moreso with MMO's as those are much larger and more diverse.
Besides, this is an early demo. Lots of stuff could and probably will change.

On the movies, the quality wasn't awesome but personally I don't care for awesome graphics. I need my laptop to be able to run it too you know ;). As long as (PvP-)gameplay is good I'll be happy. Though I am kind of worried about the 5-man team system. Seems to me stuff like splitting and positioning relative to enemies/teammates will be very different from GW1, especially considering that GW2 seems to have an Z-axis.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Alex and my opinion:
YET ANOTHER MMO
You guys are really dumb, for real! I find the game for pretty awesome:
http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6274 ... ggle_video

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, I think you can't really judge a game by a demo played by someone else. It's like watching a person play CoD or BFBC, they're "yet another FPS" when all you can see is a movie of someone else playing. Even moreso with MMO's as those are much larger and more diverse.
I very much agree with this, you don't get a proper feeling until you have tried it out yourself.
As long as (PvP-)gameplay is good I'll be happy. Though I am kind of worried about the 5-man team system. Seems to me stuff like splitting and positioning relative to enemies/teammates will be very different from GW1, especially considering that GW2 seems to have an Z-axis.
Seconded on the PVP bit, as long as that's good/awesome I'm happy :grin:. Haven't read about the 5-man team system at all :S. Is this what is supposed to replace GvG? 5 people sounds like a very low number to me... Splitting is bound to be very hard/inefficient then, also a less tactical approach with fewer players I would expect :beaten:.

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I very much agree with this, you don't get a proper feeling until you have tried it out yourself.
As long as (PvP-)gameplay is good I'll be happy. Though I am kind of worried about the 5-man team system. Seems to me stuff like splitting and positioning relative to enemies/teammates will be very different from GW1, especially considering that GW2 seems to have an Z-axis.
Seconded on the PVP bit, as long as that's good/awesome I'm happy :grin:. Haven't read about the 5-man team system at all :S. Is this what is supposed to replace GvG? 5 people sounds like a very low number to me... Splitting is bound to be very hard/inefficient then, also a less tactical approach with fewer players I would expect :beaten:.
They're aiming for a lower number so its easier to get teams together. They're also making every person run a self-defense skill, and monks (if there are monks!) won't be pure heal/prot things, so its going to be a very different game. Potentially could be awesome, potentially could be terrible, and I probably won't have time to play it anyway :(
FAGGOT MODS GTFO. FUCK SCHEZNY.

Medi
TBR Officer

Postby Medi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Well, it's nice making it easier to get groups together but I really don't think that was an issue...like ever. Besides, 5 is a slight overkill (I feel, without having played the game). A group of 7 or perhaps 6 players would already have made it much easier to get a party, but would allow for more tactical stuff such as splitting/collapsing (which made GvG so much better than HA).

But obviously I am applying the 5-man team to GW1 GvG mechanics. They could have changed the entire setting in which PvP is played.
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Galileo Galilei

Never memorize what you can look up in books.
Albert Einstein

Never memorize what you can look up on the internet.
Medi

loat
TBR Member

Postby loat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 pm

They've changed a lot, even energy is going to work a different way.

I think its going to work in a far more tactical way tbh, in that you need to have the best movement and take immediate advantage to make a kill before you end up being attacked by their whole team. But since they've given us absolutely no pvp information other than "less than 8 players" and "hot joinable matches" we can't say much.

EDIT
Getting 8 players online at once was what killed qP as well, I would have loved to only need 5 players :D
FAGGOT MODS GTFO. FUCK SCHEZNY.

Return to “Guild Wars 2 - General”