REQUEST to mr Gustaf a.k.a. Holy

General discussion anything not included in other forums go here. Most of the RL stuff you want to pester us with goes here ^^.
Avalanche
TBR Member

REQUEST to mr Gustaf a.k.a. Holy

Postby Avalanche » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Holy, make me an rss channel please! :grin:

Holy
TBR Founder

Re: REQUEST to mr Gustaf a.k.a. Holy

Postby Holy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

huh?
for your site or something or you mean TBR forum? :P

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 pm

TBR forums, I want to have every new post directly on my desktop (linux maniaaaaaaa)

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 pm

And one more thing, something has happened with the sessions || cookies!

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 am

TBR forums, I want to have every new post directly on my desktop (linux maniaaaaaaa)
Sorry was gonna respond a long time ago, thought I did actually but seems I only read it :beaten:.
Basically there are permission issues, rss doesn't have any security settings and I wouldn't want to open up all forums for the sake of it (not that I know spot on how to implement it either).
I realise it would have been a nice thing though, but doesn't work in practice I'm afraid :(

And one more thing, something has happened with the sessions || cookies!
Wut, what has happened?
I know that auto-login isn't working if that's what you mean? Looked into it for a bit already but might look at it more once I've handed in my course work (monday)

BlueTango
TBR Member

Postby BlueTango » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 am

having to manually log in every time is a pain
ImageImage

Avalanche
TBR Member

Postby Avalanche » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Sorry was gonna respond a long time ago, thought I did actually but seems I only read it :beaten:.
Basically there are permission issues, rss doesn't have any security settings and I wouldn't want to open up all forums for the sake of it (not that I know spot on how to implement it either).
I realise it would have been a nice thing though, but doesn't work in practice I'm afraid :(
Just type it manually! Lemme help ya:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <rss version="2.0"> <channel> <title>TBR's RSS CODEZ</title> <link>http://www.tbroyale.eu/</link> <pubDate><?php echo date(RFC2822); ?></pubDate> //one php loop and here it is - all the feeds! <?php while($show = mysql_fetch_array($tbr_rss)) : ?> <item> <title><?php echo $show['title'] ?></title> <link>tbroyale.eu/show_post.php?id=1337</link> <description>TBR REFORMS IN APRILLLLLLLLLLL!!11!</description> <pubDate><?php echo date(RFC2822, WHEN THE POST WAS ADDED); ?></pubDate> </item> <?php endwhile; ?> </channel> </rss>
Here you you go, in less than 10 minutes! Now apply this for all the new feeds and put it online! Go go!

p.s. typing codes in textarea is lulz
[/color]

Michael Zanetti
Web admin

Postby Michael Zanetti » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi beloved Holy :in_love:

I was wondering, if perhaps, you would be so kind (as you always are :in_love:) to show your awesome computerskills and fix the login system. You would rank even higher than you already do on the 'my-great-heroes' list. To encourage you, I've decided to give you a picture of a nice flower.

With love,

Dark

<3<3<3<3<3 Holy <3<3<3<3<3

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 am

jajaja, I'll look into the login system tomorrow ;).

Holy
TBR Founder

Postby Holy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 am

I have now updated to the latest phpBB - after much trouble (my internet provider sucks so I can't have a proper ftp connection so I had to ssh into my university account and do all ftping from terminal :beaten:).

I believe this to have fixed the login issue as well though :D (gyahaha, am I lucky if it did!). Nah but seriously it seems to work for me now, have a go you lot as well and tell me if it works ;)

Oh and I haven't completed the update 100% properly and I'm getting tired so this will in fact be done tomorrow, tell me if you find something funky and have an understanding for now.

Return to “Off topic”